The QuickTime plugin is one of the most frequently downloaded
pieces of software on the web. Millions have done so already! Having this
plugin on your computer will allow you to view video and animations on
thousands of different web sites.
Print out this page for reference!
Once you have printed this page, click Get
1. Once at the Apple Quicktime page, scroll to the form near the bottom
2. Fill in your name and e-mail address as your privacy needs require.
Then select Mac or Win 95/98/NT.
3. Click the "Download QuickTime" button. (Note: if your browser is
older, you may have problems. A newer browser works best.)
4. A File Download window will open (Win95/98/NT instructions. Sorry,
Mac folks are on their own.) Select "Save to disk", then "OK".
5. The easiest place to put this program is on your desktop. Click the
down arrow next to the "Save in" box and scroll up to "desktop". Click
6. When the download is complete, you will have a QuickTime Installer
icon on your desktop. This is not the plugin. Stay online and double click
7. Follow the onscreen prompts, clicking "Next" or "Agree" as necessary.
Go with the default installation location unless you have reason not to.
The minimum version of the program should do fine. Keep clicking "Next"
until you hit the registration screen. Registration is not required. Skip
if you wish.
8. Keep moving forward until the 3.7MB file starts to download. When
finished, it should install itself. When the install is done, a "Finished"
window will appear. Uncheck the two boxes and click on "Close".
9. That's it! You have now successfully installed the 2nd most downloaded
software on the internet!
Note: If you do not have a sound card, the video will play silently.